Welcome to Templeton
St Margaret's Church is situated in the middle of the village and serves a rural community of about 110 people. The parish of Templeton is in the Exe Valley group of churches. There are usually three services per month and a toddler service once a quarter.
St Margaret's was built in the late 13th cntury for the Knights Templar returning from the Holy Land, hence the name Templeton. It started as a chapel attached to Witheridge. It fell into disrepair and was beautified in 1740. However, within a hundred years it was in need of major repair again. In 1878 this work was completed. The building is now in good decorative order.
- Parking – roadside parking near the church.
How to find us
View Templeton Parish Church in a larger map
Call: 01884 253030 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 01884 860246 or Email: email@example.com
If you have a concern about the safety of someone or the actions of someone working with children or vulnerable adults, please speak to someone:
- Templeton Parish Safeguarding Representative: Lynda Newnes
Contact details: 01884 881318
- Cindy Trick is the Mission Community Safeguarding Representative. She can be contacted on 01363 866621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The link to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team's contact details - https://exeter.anglican.org/resources/safeguarding/safeguarding-team/
The Diocesan Safeguarding Team are:
Safeguarding Adviser - Charlie Pitman 01392 345909
Assistant Safeguarding Adviser - James May 01392 294969