Welcome to St Mary the Virgin, Washfield
Worship is offered nearly every Sunday by a faithful congregation on behalf of a lively community.
Jeanne Jones Tel: 01884 254306
Washfield Parish is a triangle of glorious countryside directly north west of Tiverton. St Mary's church stands at its centre. A rector is recorded in 1266 and the building does mostly date from the 15th century.
The screen of 1624 carved with rustic foliage replaces a rood screen destroyed at the Reformation. It encloses the chancel and the pew of the Worth family, who owned much of the parish from the early middle ages until the 1880s. In 1964 Washfield joined one of the earliest group ministries; this is now the Exe Valley Team.
How to find us
View Washfield Parish Church in a larger map